FLUXUS F801 Flow Meter
Zone 1 ultrasonic flow meter for hazardous areas.
The FLUXUS F801 flow meter is an unrivalled solution for explosion hazard environments offshore with ATEX (IECEx) approval for usage in zones 1 and 2.
With a flameproof field-enclosure made entirely of stainless steel, the flow meter is permanently sea spray and seawater proof and can be easily operated by a magnet pen without having to open the housing.
The FLUXUS F801 flow meter allows for a bi-directional flow measurement of volume and mass flow rates of nearly any liquid ranging from crude oil to refined products. As the ultrasonic transducers are mounted on the outside of the pipe wall, enclosed in the rugged stainless steel VARIOFIX C mounting fixture, the system does not suffer from erosion, wear and tear or clogging and eliminates the risk of leaks.
Due to its matched and paired transducers as well as the internal temperature compensation, compliant to ANSI/ASME regulations, the measurement system is drift free and zero stable.
Oil Extraction and Exploration
- Flow measurement of injection media, e.g. methanol
- Flow measurement of injected and produced water
- Flow measurement at separators
- Measurement of the feeding process into sand separators for process management
- Flow measurement of condensate
- Measurement on high pressure systems
- Explosive atmosphere areas in underground mines
- Clamps onto the outside of the pipe – no need to cut into the pipe to install the meter making it highly cost efficient
- Maintenance free – no need for continuous work in hazardous areas
- Measurement at any pipe material, size, wall thickness and at temperatures from -170°C up to 400°C and beyond (with WaveInjector mounting fixture)
- Rugged seawater resistant
- SS316 stainless steel flameproof housing
- Simple to use with reliable results
- A wide range of communications available allowing complete monitoring of processes as well as supervision and control of critical operations
- Installation and parameterization without having to open the housing
- Please download data sheet for more technical information