ClampOn has adapted its well-proven Digital Signal Processing technology for a wide range of subsea applications. These include detection of
• Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
• Complete digitalisation
• No analogue filters, circuits or amplifiers
• Two-way communication
• Real-time measurement
• Easy to relocate
• Contains no moving parts
• Can be mounted in hostile environments
• Incorporates sensitive, intelligent, intrinsically safe sensors
• Can be upgraded by software download
• Can store up to 60 days of measurement data within the sensor itself
• Self-testing capabilities
• Built-in temperature sensor and accelerometer (optional)
• User-friendly software for Windows™
• Versatile – one and the same sensor can perform particle detection, PIG detection, spectrum analysis and more, all available in the software package of your choice.
Whatever the application, all products in the ClampOn ultrasonic sensors range benefit from ClampOn’s wholly digital processing, which eliminates the need for analog filters, circuits and amplifiers. The patented ClampOn Ultrasonic Intelligent Sensor processes all data in the sensor itself, thus enabling the sand detectors to discriminate between sand-generated and flow-generated noise. This is of importance to the user since changes in flow rates and the gas/oil ratio will not affect the performance of the system.
Unrivalled signal/noise ratio
A good signal to noise (s/n) ratio is vital to precise measurements of these parameters. Here ClampOn’s sensors lead the field. The latest version features the complete elimination of extraneous noise. The sensor has a memory capacity for storing up to 60 days of data. It can even be reprogrammed to detect sand, monitor PIGs or detect leaks.
A catalogue of benefits
ClampOn’s external mounting means it is non-invasive. It is therefore easy to install and does not impose power losses on the system it monitors. It is also easy to relocate.
Two-way communication between the operator and the device facilitates real-time measurements and allows reprogramming of the device in situ. Likewise, software upgrades can be accomplished remotely. The absence of moving parts makes for extreme robustness, depth-tolerance and survival in harsh environments. The in-device memory stores up to 60 days’ measurement data. For convenience and ease of use, the software is Windows compatible.
ClampOn monitors have self-testing capability and the option of built-in temperature and acceleration sensing.
ClampOn’s versatility means that one and the same sensor can perform particle detection, PIG monitoring, spectrum analysis and much more. These functions are simply and easily invoked through your choice of software package.