ClampOn – the leading supplier of topside and subsea Ultrasonic Intelligent Sensors
ClampOn has since the beginning in 1994 grown to be the largest supplier of passive ultrasonic systems for sand/particle detection to the international oil and gas sector.
All products supplied by ClampOn, sand detector, PIG detector, corrosion-erosion monitor, vibration monitor and leak monitor are based on the same, well proven technology platform. Both the topside and the subsea instruments incorporate Digital Signal Processing (DSP), complete digitalization eliminating analogue filters, circuits and amplifiers.
The ClampOn Ultrasonic Intelligent Sensor processes all data in the sensor itself (patented principle), thus enabling the instrument to discriminate between sand-generated and flow-generated noise. This is of importance to the user since changes in flow rates and the gas/oil ratio will not affect the performance of the system.
A good signal to noise (s/n) ratio is vital for quality measurements of this sort, and ClampOn’s sensors are the very best in this respect. With the new version, the external noise has been completely eliminated.
The sensors has memory capacity for storing up to 60 days of data, and can even be reprogrammed between being a sand monitor, a PIG detector or a leak monitor.
ClampOn Ultrasonic Intelligent Sensor
• Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
• Complete digitalisation
• No analogue filters, circuits or amplifiers
• Two-way communication
• Real-time measurement
• Easy to relocate
• Contains no moving parts
• Can be mounted in hostile environments
• Incorporates sensitive, intelligent, intrinsically safe sensors
• Can be upgraded by software download
• Can store up to 60 days of measurement data within the sensor itself
• Self-testing capabilities
• Built-in temperature sensor and accelerometer (optional)
• User-friendly software for Windows™
• Versatile – one and the same sensor can perform particle detection, PIG detection, spectrum analysis and more, all available in the software package of your choice.